Life is uncertain, and while it is not possible to prepare for all the unexpected events ahead, it is feasible to create a financial safety net. Our latest term insurance product – Edelweiss Tokio Life Total Protect Plus can be a part of efficient financial planning.
When you invest in a term plan, you are at peace knowing that in case of your unfortunate death, your loved ones will be financially secure. But when you buy an online term insurance plan, you must compare term insurance plans before making the final decision.
Know how you can provide total financial protection to your family with the Edelweiss Tokio term life insurance:
What is the Edelweiss Tokio Total Protect Plus plan?
The latest term plan, Edelweiss Tokio Total Protect Plus, offers an assured sum in case of your unfortunate death during the policy tenure. The plan offers whole life cover of up to 100 years of age. This term insurance is a protection plan that offers a predetermined sum assured to your family in case of your death, along with other optional benefits. The plan is not affected by the movements in the market, which makes it an ideal choice for you to create an infallible financial plan for your family.
The sum received from our all-new term plan can help your loved ones navigate the financial struggles of their life when you are not around. They can use the money to pay for their everyday expenses and maintain their standard of living. Moreover, the term insurance benefits also help them achieve their financial goals, such as higher education for your children, buying a home, and so on.
What is the Edelweiss Tokio Total Protect Plus plan?
Edelweiss Tokio Total Protect Plus is an all-inclusive term insurance policy, where you get comprehensive protection for you and your family under a single plan. It offers financial coverage for the spouse as well as the child. Additionally, you can get life cover for up to 100 years of age, thus ensuring long-term security. Finally, with the choice of 5optional riders, you can enhance your policy coverage to the next level!
Here are a few reasons why you should choose this online term insurance plan.
- Financial protection with life cover: As a primary breadwinner of the family, your family is financially dependent on you. In case of your unfortunate demise, your loved one might be left to struggle financially. However, when you invest in the Edelweiss term plan, you can be assured of the financial security of your loved ones even in your absence. The term life plan pays out a defined sum to your nominee, in case of your demise during the term insurance tenure.
- Coverage up to 100 years of age: With this plan, you can choose a whole life cover to ensure extensive protection for you and your loved ones. Most liabilities of individuals are over by the time they retire, and their children become independent. However, with a whole life cover, you can ensure a sizeable financial inheritance to your family in case of your demise.
- Optional benefits to enhance coverage: The Edelweiss Tokio term plan allows you to improve your term plan coverage by opting for additional features such as Child’s Future Protect Benefit and Better Half Benefit.
» Child’s Future Protect Benefit: You can opt for this optional feature if you have a child between the age of 0 and 18 years. This benefit offers an additional sum assured to the child, which can be 10% to 100% over and above the base sum assured, for securing their growing years. The additional sum will be paid if the life assured passes away within the tenure of the Child’s Future Benefit option, which can be either the selected period or till the child turns 25 years of age, whichever is earlier.
» Better Half Benefit: You can cover your spouse in the same plan through the Better Half Benefit option. The benefit of this policy will come into force only after your demise. In such a scenario, the base sum assured will be paid to the spouse covered under the policy. Additionally, life cover will commence on the spouse without any liability to pay future premiums. The Better Half Benefit Sum Assured is 50% of the base sum assured, which will be payable on demise of the spouse.
- Attractive discounts on premium: Apart from being a term plan with affordable premiums, the Edelweiss Tokio Life - Total Protect Plus policy also reduces your premiums by offering you discounts. You get 6% discount on your first-year premium if medical tests are completed within 7 days from the date of purchase or login.
Additionally, female policyholders get discounts on their term plan premiums. All policyholders can get discounts on the total premiums if they opt for a high sum assured.
Economical premiums and discounts make it easier to buy comprehensive coverage for your family, enabling them to stay secure even in your absence.
- Riders to enhance protection: You can further enhance the coverage of the policy by choosing from a list of five (5) unique riders:
» Edelweiss Tokio Life Waiver of Premium Rider: This waives off all future premiums if the life assured is diagnosed with any one of the listed critical illnesses or has met any accident or permanent disability.
» Edelweiss Tokio Life Accidental Death Benefit Rider: This rider offers additional sum assured to the nominee if the life assured’s demise is due to an accident.
» Edelweiss Tokio Life Accidental Total and Permanent Disability Rider: This rider pays a lump sum amount if the life assured gets into an accident and suffers total and permanent disability.
» Edelweiss Tokio Life Critical Illness Rider: If the life assured is diagnosed with any one of the 12 listed critical illnesses, this rider will pay out a pre-specified lump sum amount.
» Edelweiss Tokio Life Hospital Cash Benefit Rider: With this rider, get monetary allowance on hospitalisation and a lump sum amount as a recuperating benefit post discharge.
- Tax benefits: The premiums you pay for the Edelweiss Tokio Life Total Protect Plus policy are covered under Section 80(C). Further, the death benefit received by your nominee also benefits against taxes,under Section 10(10D) of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Free look period: We offer transparent guidelines and a free look period wherein you can cancel the term life insurance within 15 days from the receipt of the policy documents. For electronic policies and term plans obtained through distance mode, you can cancel the policy within 30 days.
When you buy a term insurance plan you are essentially buying your peace of mind. The Edelweiss term insurance plan, Total Protect Plus, assures you that your loved ones will be financially protected even if you are no longer around.