grievance redressal mechanism
Grievance Redressal Mechanism has been set up by us for the resolution of any dispute or grievance or complaint in respect of your Policy. You are requested to submit your written complaint at any of the below mentioned touch points:
Toll Free customer care number: 1-800-2121-212. (8 AM to 11 PM, 7 days a week).
Email us at: email@example.com /firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us at: Customer Care, Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance Company Limited, 6th Floor, Tower 3, Wing ‘B’, Kohinoor City Mall, Kohinoor City, Kirol Road, Kurla (W), Mumbai – 400070.
If you do not receive any resolution to your complaint within a period of 2 weeks or if the response is not as per your expectations please feel free to contact our Grievance Redressal Officer, at any of the below touch points:
+91 22-71013322 (Between 10 am to 7 pm on Monday to Friday, except public holidays).
Write to us at: Grievance Redressal Officer, Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance Company Limited, 6th Floor, Tower 3, Wing ‘B’, Kohinoor City Mall, Kohinoor City, Kirol Road, Kurla (W), Mumbai – 400070.
If You are not satisfied with the response or do not receive a response from us within 14 days, you may approach the Grievance Cell of the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (‘IRDAI’) on the following contact details:
IRDAI Grievance Call Centre (IGCC) TOLL FREE NO: 155255
Email ID: email@example.com
Register online at: http://www.igms.irda.gov.in/
Address for communication for complaints by fax/paper:
Consumer Affairs Department
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
Sy. No. 115/1, Financial District
Hyderabad - 500032
Fax No: 91-40-66789768
If the complaint/grievance has still not been resolved You may approach the office of the Insurance Ombudsman established by the Central Government of India as per Rule 12 (1) and Rule 13 of the Redressal of Public Grievances Rules, 1998 (‘RPG Rules’).
Powers of the Insurance Ombudsman under Rule 12(1) of RPG Rules:
The Insurance Ombudsman may receive and consider the following complaints:
- Complaints under Rule 13 (as mentioned below);
- Any partial or total repudiation of claims by an insurer;
- Any dispute in regard to premium paid or payable in terms of the policy;
- Any dispute on the legal construction of the policies in so far as such disputes relate to claims;
- Delay in settlement of claims;
- Non-issue of any insurance document to customers after receipt of premium.
Manner in which complaint is to be made Rule 13 of RPG Rules:-
- Any person who has a grievance against the Company/Us, may himself or through his legal heirs make a complaint in writing to the Ombudsman within whose jurisdiction the branch or office of the Company complained against is located.
- The complaint shall be in writing duly signed by the complainant or through his legal heirs and shall state clearly the name and address of the complainant, the name of the branch or office of the insurer against which the complaint is made, the fact giving rise to the complaint.
- No complaint to the Ombudsman shall lie unless:
- the complainant had before making a complaint to the Ombudsman, made a written representation to the Company/insurer named in the complaint and either insurer had rejected the complaint or the complainant had not received any reply within a period of one month after the insurer concerned received his representation or the complainant is not satisfied with the reply given to him by the insurer;
- the complaint is made not later than one year after the insurer had rejected the representation or sent his final reply on the representation of the complainant; and
- the complaint is not on the same subject matter for which any proceedings before any court or Consumer Forum or arbitrator is pending or was so earlier