Money is a pivotal factor in the purchase of term insurance. Considering this, insurance companies developed a term plan premium calculator to enable a hassle-free analysis. As the name suggests, the term plan premium calculator calculates the total premium payable against the chosen sum assured.
Aside from the desired cover, the calculator takes into consideration whether the insurance seeker has opted for any term insurance riders as it adds to the premium amount. As a term plan helps you secure the future of your family, adequate cover must be chosen with careful analysis.
What is a Term Insurance Premium Calculator?
A term insurance is a financial service provided by an insurance company that you pay for through premiums. The term insurance premium relies essentially on the age and the health of the policyholder. This cost goes up with term insurance riders that the insured may have purchased in addition to the basic cover.
To make these calculations effortless, insurance providers developed the term insurance premium calculator. It helps you get quick access to your term plan cost by simply adding the required information. The term plan premium calculator is also customisable to accommodate the convenience of the insurance seeker and is a free tool available online.
With several insurance companies providing diversified insurance offerings, the term insurance premium calculator enables a comparison of different plans to help you find the best term insurance policy.
Benefits of Using a Term Insurance Calculator
Before you make any purchase, right from groceries to a car, the first thing that is checked is the price. Similarly, getting a term plan cost estimate helps you analyse your investments. Following are the benefits of using a term insurance calculator to get term plan quotes:
· Saves Time: We have often heard how time is wealth; however, in the current context, the phrase has adopted a new meaning. With towering responsibilities, we all pray to somehow lengthen the day and accommodate all the pending tasks. Considering this, getting term plan quotes by visiting the insurance office seems too much of a hassle. Contrarily, the online premium calculator gives term plan quotes in a matter of just a few minutes. There are no documents that need to be submitted. Simply input your age and cover needed, and the screen will display the monthly premium payable for your online term insurance. Don’t forget to include the cost of term insurance riders in this estimate.
· Enables Comparison: Aside from giving term plan quotes quickly, calculating term insurance online enables the comparison of different policies. This will help insurance seekers find the best term insurance policy that will suit their financial requirements on a single platform from the comfort of their homes.
· Saves Money: Insurance companies are encouraging the online purchase of term insurance to reduce the distribution costs. This, in turn, benefits the consumer as the premium amount gets lowered with online purchases. This means that insurance seekers can avail themselves of the discounts for buying insurance online which is not available in an in-person scenario. Facilitating quick comparisons means that insurance seekers can save money and buy cost-effective term plans to secure their financial future.
Guide to Use the Term Plan Calculator
To give an uncomplicated analysis of your finances and investments, the calculation of your term plan premium is an easy three-step process:
· Step 1: In the term plan premium calculator, enter information such as your birth date, marital status, income, smoking habits, number of financial dependents, and the desired coverage amount. It is essential to be transparent in your answers for a hassle-free claim settlement process. Lying in the underwriting stage can result in the rejection of your claim.
· Step 2: Add the desired sum assured, which should at least be 10 to 15 times your annual income. Following this, select the policy tenure. In this step, you will also have to mention how your nominees should receive the death benefit: as a one-time lump sum or as monthly income.
· Step 3: Once the aforementioned information is added, submit the form. The screen will then display the suitable term plan options along with the premium amount payable that you can compare based on personal financial needs.
One of the greatest benefits of term insurance is that it provides a high cover for an extremely reasonable premium. Generally, for an average 30-year-old to be secured until the age of 80 through a ₹1 crore term insurance policy, the premium for basic coverage would be within ₹1,200 to ₹1,500 monthly.
Factors to Consider Before Calculating Premium Amount for Term Insurance
As insurance is an important purchase, one must thoroughly analyse whether all the essential factors have been incorporated. These include:
· Insurance Needs: Observe your lifestyle to determine your insurance needs. Also, factor in future responsibilities such as caring for a child and aged parents. Finally, consider your existing liabilities such as a house or personal loan and the rate of inflation to calculate the coverage needed.
· Age: Term insurance premium is cheaper when you are younger. As you age, the premium amount keeps increasing. Therefore, you pay more for the same plan when you age. Consider buying a term plan early to save more.
· Tenure: The tenure of your policy is inversely proportional to the term insurance premium. This means, the longer the tenure of your policy, the lesser the premium amount.
· Profession: High-risk and unstable professions such as fishing, mining, etc., have to pay more for their term insurance policies as compared to low-risk occupations.
The Edelweiss Tokio term plan acts as your companion to cover you against uncertain possibilities of life. In keeping with the changing consumer needs, we have designed unique offerings that can be customised based on diverse insurance requirements. Our term plan includes features such as COVID-19 protection, an additional better half benefit, discounts on high sum assured, and no medical coverage option.
Considering the fast-paced life and evolved consumer preferences, insurance providers have flexible premium payment options. A term plan is one of the most cost-effective investments for your financial future. Therefore, while money is an essential component, it should not be the only factor in choosing the right term plan.