- 1 OCT 2018
10 Tips to Keep Your Heart Secured!
Jayshree greeted her new neighbors Saumya and Gaurav by offering them tea, they were just shifted to Mumbai in their new rented apartment.
Just when Jayshree was sipping her coffee, Saumya looked that her husband Ashok is getting ready for an evening walk. Appreciating it Saumya said that it is really a good habit. Jayshree interrupted and said, “ This was not a habit before but after 2013 everything changed for us.
One Saturday in the fall of 2013, he began feeling very sick, nauseous, and tired. He thought he was getting the flu. He went all day trying to feel better. He had a gathering with his friends and decided to go, thinking that he would feel better later. He collapsed in the bathroom. His friends called the ambulance he was having a heart attack. It happened because he was not taking care of his diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol.
Later, he followed the doctor’s recommendation and took all the prescribed medications.
Ashok added, “Since last December I have been getting up at 5:00 am to walk 3 or 4 times a week. I feel much better and full of energy. There are days when I do not feel like doing it, but I tell myself “It’s good for me.” I just turned 40 and I want to live a longer life so I can enjoy my beautiful grandbabies!
Gaurav (30) asked him for some tips so that he can also live a healthy life.
Ashok replied, “Yes for sure I will give you 10 tips to keep your heart secured:
- Stop smoking. Quitting smoking is the only most vital thing an individual can do to live longer. The minute you quit smoking, the risk of heart attack starts to diminish.
- Low intake of salt. High salt intake can cause high blood pressure, which increases the risk of developing coronary heart disease. Avoid eating foods like crisps, salted nuts, canned and packet soups and sauces.
- Watch your diet. A healthy diet can aid you to reduce the risk of developing heart disease, and can also help you to live a longer and healthy life after a heart attack.
- Monitor your alcohol. Drinking alcohol can harm the heart muscle, increase blood pressure and also lead to weight gain. So, you must aim to limit your intake to one to two units a day.
- Get active. Exercise is the best way to keep your body and heart healthy. You must aim for 30 minutes of moderate intensity exercise a day.
- Manage your weight. Carrying a lot of extra weight as fat can seriously disturb your health and increases the risk of life-threatening conditions such as coronary heart disease and diabetes.
- Have an eye on your blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Individuals with high blood pressure run a higher risk of having a stroke or a heart attack.
- Learn to manage your stress levels. If you are living a life full of stress and you fail to eat properly, smoke and drink too much and this may rise your risk of a heart attack.
- Check your family history. If your close relative is at risk of developing coronary heart disease from smoking, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, lack of physical activity, then you might be at risk too.
- The environment we live in today is riddled with factors that aggravate the conditions of our heart. This is why now a day no one whether young or old is safe from cardiac ailments -this in addition to the rising costs of medical procedures, inflation a person understands the need for a comprehensive medical plan aimed towards providing financial care for when you are diagnosed with a cardiac condition or are undergoing any cardiac procedure.
Edelweiss Tokio Zindagi Plus with a critical illness rider problems and procedures, Helps the insured with multiple claims of the same or different condition/procedure subject to exhaustion of applicable sum insured. A term insurance plan that comes with a critical illness benefit covers even non-hospitalization expenses and provides much-needed cash flow during the recovery period.
Thank God I had opted for term plan with critical illness benefit along with my regular medical insurance. Which took charge of my all medical expenses when I had a heart attack.
This is really thought-provoking Ashok. I will definitely follow these tips to keep my heart healthy. Gaurav said ardently.
It is imperative to consider having a critical illness cover with a basic term insurance as you wouldn’t want your family members and yourself to face financial difficulties during such uncertainties.
- 24 DEC. 2018
Reasons why life insurance makes a perfect Christmas Gift!
You may have gifted accessories, clothes, and even gadgets in the past but how about gifting a promise that secures your loved ones forever? Here’s how a life insurance plan can serve as a perfect gift this Christmasread more