- 21 SEP 2017
Monsoon safety tips
Every family should prepare a family disaster supply kit in the event of severe weather conditions. The disaster supply kit should contain essential items such as food, water, and sturdy clothing, to sustain a family for up to three days since electric power, gas and water services may be interrupted.
- Three gallons of water in clean, closed containers for each person and pet
- First aid kit
- A stock of food that requires no cooking or refrigeration
- Portable and working battery-operated radio, flashlights, and extra batteries
(Candles and oil lamps are fire hazards)
- Necessary medications
- Backup power source for life support or other medical equipment that requires electricity to function
Flash Flood Safety Tips:
- If you live in a flood-prone area have an evacuation plan.
- Store materials and important materials above flood levels.
- Do not let children play near storm drains or washes after a heavy rain.
- Avoid low-water crossings.
- Avoid camping in a wash or in the bottom of a canyon with steep side slopes.
- Be especially cautious at night. Flood dangers are much more difficult to see in the dark.
- Do not camp or park a vehicle along streams and washes, particularly during threatening conditions.
- If your vehicle is suddenly caught in rising water, leave it immediately and seek higher ground.
- If a traffic signal is out, treat the intersection as a 4-way stop.
- When thunder roars, go indoors. If you can hear thunder, you are close enough to be struck by lightning. There is no place outside that is safe from a lightning strike. Remain indoors for 30 minutes after seeing the last lightning and hearing the last thunder.
- Never touch wiring during a thunderstorm. It's too late to unplug electronics if thunder is heard.
- 3 AUG. 2018
Do you require the same life cover throughout your life
Throughout your life, there will be a need for life insurance. It does not make any difference if you’re single, newly wed or at any stage in between, life insurance can be an important tool in your financial toolbox.read more
Understand your insurance needs in few minutes
Drop in your details & a dedicated product expert will call you back!
Thank you for your details.We’ll get in touch with you at the earliest.