- 21 SEP 2017
Monsoon safety tips
Every family should prepare a family disaster supply kit in the event of severe weather conditions. The disaster supply kit should contain essential items such as food, water, and sturdy clothing, to sustain a family for up to three days since electric power, gas and water services may be interrupted.
- Three gallons of water in clean, closed containers for each person and pet
- First aid kit
- A stock of food that requires no cooking or refrigeration
- Portable and working battery-operated radio, flashlights, and extra batteries
(Candles and oil lamps are fire hazards)
- Necessary medications
- Backup power source for life support or other medical equipment that requires electricity to function
Flash Flood Safety Tips:
- If you live in a flood-prone area have an evacuation plan.
- Store materials and important materials above flood levels.
- Do not let children play near storm drains or washes after a heavy rain.
- Avoid low-water crossings.
- Avoid camping in a wash or in the bottom of a canyon with steep side slopes.
- Be especially cautious at night. Flood dangers are much more difficult to see in the dark.
- Do not camp or park a vehicle along streams and washes, particularly during threatening conditions.
- If your vehicle is suddenly caught in rising water, leave it immediately and seek higher ground.
- If a traffic signal is out, treat the intersection as a 4-way stop.
- When thunder roars, go indoors. If you can hear thunder, you are close enough to be struck by lightning. There is no place outside that is safe from a lightning strike. Remain indoors for 30 minutes after seeing the last lightning and hearing the last thunder.
- Never touch wiring during a thunderstorm. It's too late to unplug electronics if thunder is heard.
- 24 DEC. 2018
Reasons why life insurance makes a perfect Christmas Gift!
You may have gifted accessories, clothes, and even gadgets in the past but how about gifting a promise that secures your loved ones forever? Here’s how a life insurance plan can serve as a perfect gift this Christmasread more
Understand your insurance needs in few minutes
Drop in your details & a dedicated product expert will call you back!
Thank you for your details.We’ll get in touch with you at the earliest.