4 AUG 2016
India's association with the Olympics
Did you know?
- India first participated at the Olympic Games in 1900, with a lone athlete (Norman Pritchard) winning two medals- both silver- in athletics.*
- The nation first sent a team to the Summer Olympic Games in 1920, and has participated in every Summer Games since then.*
- Indian athletes have won a total of 26 medals, all at the Summer Games.*
- India national field hockey team was dominant in Olympic competition, winning eleven medals in twelve Olympics between 1928 and 1980.*
- India's golden run in hockey included a total 8 gold medals, out of which six were in successive years between 1928–1956.*
As you see, it has been more than a 100 years since India first participated in the Olympics. India has participated in most of the disciplines at the Olympics and we have also started winning medals in individual events.
We've been doing reasonably well in Wrestling, Shooting, Badminton, Boxing, and Badminton. The progress made in individual sports over the past years augurs well for this year's edition in Rio. We, at Edelweiss Tokio Life are proud to be associated with the Indian contingent. By giving each participating athlete a term insurance cover of Rs.1 crore, we are, in our own humble way, contributing to India's continued participation and success at the Olympics.
13 OCT. 2017
Get a Comprehensive Life Insurance Plan for Your Family this Diwali
While tangible gifts form an important part of the rituals between parents and children for the festive season, some intangible gifts hold a deeper value.read more